NOTE: If you want to apply for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie action to join the SalGo Team (Next deadline projected for Sept), please contact me before the 15th of May. Please note that this type of highly competitive fellowships require a significant effort/amount of time by both the applicant and the host to be successful.
NOTE: If you want to apply for a Royal Society Newton International Fellowship to join us (Call not yet open, forecast deadline 16 June 2022) please contact me ASAP with a short description of the type of research you'd like to conduct in my group and your CV.
Postdoc positions currently available:
- Autonomous monitoring of community resilience. Deadline Sept 26 noon UK. Further details here.
PhD positions currently available:
- The role of infraspecific trait variation in shaping the resilience of natural populations and communities - NERC DTP funded in collaboration with St Andrews Botanical Garden
- Drivers of variation of life history strategies in flatworms - NERC DTP or other funding
If you are a quantitatively driven mind with interests in some of the following topics, please contact me to discuss potential undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral opportunities in my group:
- Life history evolution
- Evolution of (and escape from) senescence
- Plant and animal eco-evolutionary dynamics and demography
- Comparative biology and comparative demography
- Drivers of odd life history strategies such as (but not limited to) corals, flatworms, carnivorous plants, and parasitic plants
- Species distribution modelling and biogeography
- Population forecasting
- Technologies for ecological monitoring
In addition to several PhD and postdoc opportunities that will be periodically advertised below, if you have a project in mind that you would like to develop in my group, please contact me with a (1) brief project proposal, (2) CV, including publications, and (3) a list of funding themes that you are considering for this project (e.g. NERC/BBSRC DTP, Marie Curie, Leverhulme Trust, NERC, etc). You may also find some funding schemes that are specific to each of the academic levels below, which can be supplemented with these ones.